COVID-19 Resources & Updates
PLEASE CHECK THE FOLLOWING WEBPAGES FOR UPDATES REGULARLY:
- Resources for Providers to Share with Clients ~ Fact Sheets ~ Released in May 2020
> Fast Facts on NYSOH Insurance Options During the Coronavirus Emergency
> Fast Facts on NYSOH Insurance Changes During the Coronavirus Emergency
> Fact Sheet: Medicaid Coverage through Your Local Department of Social Services during the Coronavirus Emergency
> Fact Sheet: Medicaid Telehealth Services During the Coronavirus Emergency
- NYS Office of Mental Health COVID-19 Related Guidance
- NYS Department of Health COVID-19 Related Guidance for Medicaid Providers
- Managed Care Technical Assistance Center (MCTAC) and Community Technical Assistance Center (CTAC) COVID-19 Resource Page
- NYSDOH COVID-19
- CDC COVID-19
- CDC COVID-19 FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS
- JOHNS HOPKINS CORONAVIRUS RESOURCE CENTER
- COVID-19 Telehealth Updates
- NRHA COVID-19 Resources
- NRHA Provider Relief Fund Update 4.20.2020
- Rural Health Daily Digest (This digest is a daily roundup of news, policy happenings, and conversation around rural policy issues related to the current Covid19 outbreak)
- The Federal Office of Rural Health Policy (FORHP) has released several tools to help rural leaders respond to the Coronavirus pandemic, including a COVID-19 Frequently Asked Questions site.
FORHP’s Find Funding site is linked here.
- The Rural Health Information Hub has created a guide to help you learn about activities underway to address COVID-19.
- The RUPRI Center for Rural Health Policy Analysis is providing up-to-date data and maps on confirmed COVID-19 cases in rural and urban areas.
Rural Health Resources
Children’s Health Fund- Founded by singer/songwriter Paul Simon and pediatrician/child advocate Irwin Redlener, MD in 1987, Children’s Health Fund (CHF) works nationally to develop health care programs for the nation’s most medically underserved population – homeless and disadvantaged children.
- The Health WorkForce Hub
Bringing you the information, resources, and tools you need to address health workforce challenges.
>> The Daily Brief
Keeping you informed with the most up-to-date local, regional, and national health workforce news, information, and updates.
>> Workforce Needs Board
The workforce needs board is a public-facing tool for you to post your workforce needs so your local community and businesses can volunteer
and/or offer resources, services, and solutions.
- Healthy People 2010
Mesothelioma Center– online is dedicated to providing those who suffer from the cancer malignant mesothelioma–also known as asbestos cancer-or from asbestosis, or who know someone who does, with the most up to date information and support.
NY Bridge Plan -New York’s Pre-existing Condition Insurance Plan available to NY State residents with medical conditions who have been uninsured for at least 6 months.
Together Rx Access – discount prescription program, free to get, free to use for persons without prescription coverage and income eligibility guidelines apply.
The National Library of Medicine is part of the National Institutes of Health and is the world’s largest biomedical library. The National Network of Libraries of Medicine, Middle Atlantic Region is coordinated by the National Library of Medicine to support collaboration, training, and funding opportunities for over 1,000 health centers, health departments, community organizations and libraries throughout Delaware, New York, New Jersey and Pennsylvania. Listed below are resources from the National Library of Medicine that are relevant to healthcare and public health. NNLM MAR also offers free training about health information topics and grant funding opportunities for organizations in the Middle Atlantic Region.
Resources for the General Public
The National Library of Medicine’s main consumer health resource. With over 1,000 health topics, this is a place for consumers to access trusted health information and for providers to locate patient education materials. The entire site is available in both Spanish and English and easy-to-read materials are clearly marked.
- Genetics Home Reference
A resource for information on genetic conditions, including rare diseases. The user is able to search for information by condition, or by a gene or chromosome associated with the condition.
Resources for Clinicians and Public Health Professionals
The world’s premiere biomedical bibliographic database which contains more than 25 million citations to journal articles related to biomedical Sciences, nursing, pharmacy, dentistry and allied health. If you’re looking for a clinical focused article and are short on time, try PubMed Clinical Queries.
Offers information on ongoing and completed trials. Clinicaltrials.gov provides patients and providers with a centralized place to search for trials by condition, location, and other characteristics.
Contains health education material to provider to the public in a wide variety of languages. Resources include brochures, fact sheets and videos.
Provides FDA drug label information, including information about Indications, dosage, side effects and contraindications. This information is the most up to date information that has been submitted to the FDA.
Helps in the identification of an unknown pill based on its physical characteristics and provides basic drug information once the pill is identified.
A collaboration of U.S. government agencies, public health organizations, and health sciences libraries which provides timely, convenient access to selected public health resources on the Internet.